Search this Blog
- Ladbrokes unveils mobile poker app 15/09/201415 September 2014Ladbrokes unveils mobile poker appLadbrokes has announced the launch of a new free poker application for iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Deadline approaching for UK licence applications 15/09/201415 September 2014Deadline approaching for UK licence applicationsThe UK Gambling Commission has issued a reminder to offshore operators that wish to continue providing gambling service to consumers in Britain that the deadline to apply for a licence is midnight on September 16.
- Aristocrat names Sweeny as CCO 15/09/201415 September 2014Aristocrat names Sweeny as CCOGaming machine and casino management systems specialist Aristocrat Technologies has appointed Maureen Sweeny as its new chief commercial officer.
- Ladbrokes unveils mobile poker app 15/09/2014
- Fears and hopes stirred in Nordic states 15/09/2014Politicians and businessmen regard with dismay the break-up of one of their allies but others are joyful at recollecting gaining their independence
- French government faces confidence vote 16/09/2014Administration needs all its 289 lawmakers in lower house to vote in favour but there have been threats of abstention amid planned business tax cuts
- US jets strike Isis to help Iraqi military 16/09/2014Special conference taking place in Paris generates offers of military assistance from 29 countries to help fight the Islamist militants
- Fears and hopes stirred in Nordic states 15/09/2014
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general 16/09/2014The attorney general of the U.S. state of Connecticut is concerned about the privacy implications of Apple Watch's handling of consumers' health information.IT News
- Wi-Fi group acts to simplify peer-to-peer video, printing and other tasks 16/09/2014The Wi-Fi Direct standard for linking two devices without a LAN is about to get easier to use.IT News
- TAG Heuer says it's going to make a smartwatch 15/09/2014Just a few days after panning the Apple Watch, an executive with TAG Heuer admitted that the company is making a smartwatch of its own.IT News
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general 16/09/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Airbus to restructure defence division, sell off unitsEuropean aircraft manufacturer Airbus said Tuesday that it would sell off several subsidiaries at its defence division to focus on its core businesses of space activities, military planes and missiles.eub2
- Orange makes 3.4-bln euro bid for Spanish operator JazztelFrench telecom giant Orange on Monday said it was set to make a 3.4-billion-euro offer ($4.4 billion) to acquire Spanish fixed-line operator Jazztel.eub2
- EU, US and others urge Iceland to stop commercial whalingThe EU, the US and several other countries on Monday formally called on Iceland to halt its commercial whaling, saying they were "strongly opposed" to its continued rejection of a global moratorium on the practice.eub2
- Airbus to restructure defence division, sell off units
- Thailand murders: police searching for 'multiple suspects' 16/09/2014Alt Text: David Miller, Hannah Witheridge British backpackers found dead on Koh Tao island named as David Miller and Hannah Witheridge One-Minute Read Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 9:28am Police in Thailand say they are now looking for a "number of suspects" after two Britons were murdered on the beach of Koh Tao. David Miller, 24, from Jersey and […]Mohammad
- Scots referendum: a final battle between hope and fear 16/09/2014Politics professor John Curtice charts the changes in public opinion over the campaign’s final weeks Column The Conversation Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 9:19am Just a few short weeks ago, it looked as though it was clear who was going to win the Scottish independence referendum. Although the polls persistently disagreed with each other as to how far it was […]Nigel Horne
- Arsenal and Liverpool on red alert for restless Pedro 16/09/2014Credits: Valerio Pennicino/GettyAlt Text: Pedro Rodriguez Wenger has already started to woo Barcelona's unsettled winger to Arsenal, reports suggest Transfer Talk Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 9:00am Arsenal and Liverpool are reported to be on "red alert" following Pedro's assertion that he could be prepared to say goodbye to the Nou Camp […]Mohammad
- Thailand murders: police searching for 'multiple suspects' 16/09/2014
- 'No changes' in Kate Middleton's Malta programme so far 16/09/2014Kate Middleton's visit to Malta this weekend has not yet been cancelled, in spite of reports saying that it has. A spokesman for the Office of the Prime Minister said this morning that the office was not informed of any changes in the programme so far. A decision is expected by tomorrow but a spokesman for the British High Commission said this morning p […]
- 33 million access Apple's U2 album 16/09/2014Apple says 33 million iTunes account holders have accessed U2's free album. Company senior vice president Eddy Cue gave the first usage numbers for the surprise Songs Of Freedom release by the company. Apple gave the album to 500 million iTunes account holders last week during its iPhone 6 unveiling news conference. Mr Cue called the number record-break […]PA
- Poverty in Malta is on the rise, according to EU report 16/09/2014Poverty in Malta is on the rise and the island is moving away from reaching its targets for the reduction of poverty and social exclusion, according to a new EU report. Malta is committed to reducing the number of people at risk of poverty to 6,560 by 2020. But according to the National Statistics Office, “the figure at the time of writing stands at over 63, […]Ivan Camilleri
- 'No changes' in Kate Middleton's Malta programme so far 16/09/2014