Search this Blog
- Betway to sponsor Froch-Groves clash 10/03/201410 March 2014Betway to sponsor Froch-Groves clashOnline betting and casino company Betway has signed up as a title sponsor of the WBA and IBF super-middleweight world title rematch between Carl Froch and George Groves on May 31.
- Ohio falls short of expected gambling revenue in first year 10/03/201410 March 2014Ohio falls short of expected gambling revenue in first yearThe Ohio Casino Control Commission has reported that the state generated significantly less revenue than expected during the 12 months to March 4, 2014, in what was the first year that the US state's four casinos were fully operational.
- Boylesports founder purchases Dundalk headquarters 10/03/201410 March 2014Boylesports founder purchases Dundalk headquartersJohn Boyle, founder, owner and chief executive officer of Irish independent bookmaker Boylesports, has completed the purchase of the firm’s headquarters at Finnabair Business Park in Dundalk.
- Betway to sponsor Froch-Groves clash 10/03/2014
- eBay chief’s pay cut as target missed 10/03/2014The ecommerce group is battling not only activist shareholder Carl Icahn but online retailer Amazon and more nimble start-ups
- Europe prepares sanctions against Russia 10/03/2014Russian foreign minister says western proposals ‘did not fully satisfy us’ and blames Washington for cancelling a trip to Moscow at the weekend
- China opens door to new private banks 11/03/2014Groups including Alibaba and Tencent will be encouraged to back five new private sector banks in a pilot project Beijing hopes will add to its financial reform plans
- eBay chief’s pay cut as target missed 10/03/2014
- Sony shows SmartEyeglass prototype to developers 08/03/2014With Google Glass starting to pick up steam, Sony doesn't want to get left too far behind.IT News
- Samsung's Milk music streaming service is free, has no ads 07/03/2014Samsung hopes its new Milk streaming service is the next big thing in music.IT News
- HP Sets Standard for 2014 IT Analyst Presentations 07/03/2014HP was the first IT vendor out of the gate with its analyst-only event. CIO.com columnist Rob Enderle was there to grade HP on five metrics and see how the company stacks up to IBM, EMC and Dell -- all of which know a thing or two about successful industry analyst events.IT News
- Sony shows SmartEyeglass prototype to developers 08/03/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Warning bells as Portugal urged to exit bailout without bufferWith Portugal's 78-billion-euro IMF-EU aid programme about to come to an end, its creditors are not only expecting the country to exit its massive bailout on May 17, but urging it to do so without a safety net.eub2
- Fifteen years on, Ukraine neighbours glad to be in NATOFifteen years have passed since the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland joined the NATO military alliance, a decision the ex-Soviet satellites now see as fortuitous given today's Ukraine standoff between Russia and the West.eub2
- Western dilemma: giving Putin Crimea to save UkraineIt is the ugly solution to the Ukrainian crisis world leaders will never acknowledge but grudgingly may have to accept.eub2
- Warning bells as Portugal urged to exit bailout without buffer
- Visitors – reviews of debut from 'outstanding' new theatre voice 11/03/2014Barney Norris's first full-length play wows critics with its funny, tender, sad portrait of love and aging Hot Ticket Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 7:38am What you need to know Critics are calling the premiere of Barney Norris's play Visitors at the Arcola theatre, London, "astonishingly accomplished". Visitors is twenty-something Norris […]Gia Armstrong
- The Business: Tuesday March 11 2014 11/03/2014Company news, markets and financial talking points, available from 8am Monday to Friday FLOODS BOOST UK JOBS MARKET A winter of severe floods has delivered a boost to the UK jobs market, according to Manpower, which estimates repair work will be worth about £250m to the construction industry. The wider jobs market is looking equally good: for the first time […]Tim Edwards
- Father of Sandy Hook killer 'wished son was never born' 10/03/2014Adam Lanza went from buying toys for needy children to a mass murderer, says father Peter One-Minute Read Monday, March 10, 2014 - 3:52pm See related: Sandy Hook massacre: details emerge about 'loner' gunman Adam Lanza: hear Sandy Hook killer's 'chilling' radio call THE father of Adam Lanza, who killed 20 young children and six adul […]RobB
- Visitors – reviews of debut from 'outstanding' new theatre voice 11/03/2014
- New Zealand plans flag change vote 11/03/2014New Zealand prime minister John Key has announced plans for a referendum on whether to change the national flag. He said he wants a nationwide vote in the next three years. The nation's current flag depicts the Southern Cross star constellation in red and includes Britain's Union Jack flag in the top left corner. Many complain the flag is too simil […]PA
- Getting used to harassment? 11/03/2014I’m really not the bra-burning, militant feminist type, and I usually forget all about gender. As far as I’m concerned, we’re not ‘men’ or ‘women’, we’re people. Instead of making a big deal out of gender issues, I prefer to create my own opportunities, and to work towards my goals to the best of my abilities. Too often, the familiar “I got a rough deal beca […]Ramona Depares
- Busuttil: No grounds to withdraw citizenship if the government-EU agreement is strictly respected 11/03/2014Opposition leader Simon Busuttil said this morning that there would be no scope to withdraw the citizenship of people who acquired it in terms of the agreement reached between the government and the European Union, as long as that agreement was strictly adhered to. In this context, he said, the minimum residence requirement of one year had to be respected. S […]
- New Zealand plans flag change vote 11/03/2014