Search this Blog
- Treasure Match app to generate revenue from advertisements 24/04/201424 April 2014Treasure Match app to generate revenue from advertisements Mobile gaming and application development company 19Studios has announced the launch of Treasure Match, a gaming application that will generate all of its revenue from advertisements.
- Realistic Games launches mobile Pull Tab titles 24/04/201424 April 2014Realistic Games launches mobile Pull Tab titles Gaming content supplier Realistic Games has announced the addition of a suite of mobile ‘Pull Tab’ games to its portfolio.
- Irish regulator bans Paddy Power’s Pistorius ad 24/04/201424 April 2014Irish regulator bans Paddy Power’s Pistorius adThe Advertising Standards Authority Ireland (ASAI) has ruled that an advert campaign by Irish bookmaker Paddy Power featuring Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius was “offensive” after it breached several rules.
- Treasure Match app to generate revenue from advertisements 24/04/2014
- Russia to hold exercises on Ukraine border 24/04/2014Ukraine tries to regain control of buildings seized by pro-Moscow groups in the east of the country following the ousting of the former president
- Alstom shares jump on $13bn GE bid report 24/04/2014France says it is ready to fight to protect national interests, following reports that the US conglomerate was considering a bid for Alstom
- Facebook buys fitness-tracker app Moves 24/04/2014Moves is created by Finnish company ProtoGeo, and tracks a user’s daily activity with their smartphone
- Russia to hold exercises on Ukraine border 24/04/2014
- Google Glass dips its toe into iOS pool 22/04/2014As Google added a taste of iOS functionality to Glass, one analyst said this is just the beginning of efforts to draw in Apple users to the computerized eyewear.IT News
- How to keep your smartphone (and its data) secure 22/04/2014In our daily activities, our smartphones increasingly store or access sensitive business and personal data -- not just email, but also financial and medical information, company systems, travel itineraries, etc. Many of us also use smartphones to access cloud data repositories like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs, Microsoft OneDrive and Apple iCloud.IT News
- LG's G Watch will be water resistant and always on 22/04/2014LG Electronics has revealed that its upcoming smartwatch G Watch will be water resistant and have an always-on display.IT News
- Google Glass dips its toe into iOS pool 22/04/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- NGO slams EU over ethical, transparency standardsComplex decision-making procedures and opaque bureaucratic negotiations have undermined the European Union's transparency rules and left the 28-state bloc vulnerable to corruption, a leading NGO has found.eub2
- EU welcomes Palestinian unity deal but peace talks the priorityThe European Union welcomed Thursday the unity accord between the Palestinian Authority and Hamas but said the priority remains peace talks with Israel.eub2
- Kiev has right to defend its sovereignty: EUThe European Union said Thursday the Ukrainian government has the right to defend its sovereignty, but urged all sides to focus on easing the crisis.eub2
- NGO slams EU over ethical, transparency standards
- Amazon snaps up The Sopranos in $250m HBO deal 24/04/2014Alt Text: HBO and Amazon Multi-year deal will bring classic HBO content, including The Sopranos and The Wire, to Amazon Prime subscribers One-Minute Read Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 4:48pm SUBSCRIBERS to Amazon Prime will get access to archive programmes from HBO under a $250m video-streaming deal. The agreement, which comes into effect next month, includes e […]RobB
- Five things to learn from Apple and Facebook's profit reports 24/04/2014Apple is now just a phone company, Facebook wants to sell your private chats, and three other revelations Briefing Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 4:19pm TWO of the world's tech heavyweights, Apple and Facebook, have surprised the markets with unexpectedly impressive revenue reports. Apple announced record revenues last quarter, with a rise of five per cent […]Rachael Hesno
- Heathrow's 'clumsy' new T2: it's what's inside that counts 24/04/2014Credits: BEN STANSALL/AFP/Getty ImagesAlt Text: Heathrow Airport Terminal Two Huge sculpture Slipstream wows critics as Heathrow reveals Luis Vidal's new Terminal 2 building First Reaction Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 3:56pm AS HEATHROW prepares to open the new Terminal 2 building, also known as Queen's Terminal, journalists have been given a sneak p […]Rachael Hesno
- Amazon snaps up The Sopranos in $250m HBO deal 24/04/2014
- Royal bones 24/04/2014Researchers from Uppsala University have opened a small gilded box containing the skull and bones of Swedish King Erik IX, who became a national saint after he was murdered in 1160. The researchers also removed the king's burial crown, which is the oldest known royal crown in Sweden, to display it to the public for the first time. Knowledge about King E […]PA
- Antiviral drug stockpile is money 'down drain' 24/04/2014The millions invested by Malta in stockpiling antiviral drugs Tamiflu and Relenza to tame influenza outbreaks is money “down the drain”, according to the most comprehensive review of the two drugs. The study, conducted by the influential Cochrane Collaboration and published in the British Medical Journal, found that the drugs are no more effective than parac […]Caroline Muscat
- BOV forces MSE Share Index to below 3,500 points 24/04/2014During this morning’s trading session on the Stock Exchange, the MSE Share Index retreated by 0.3 per cent back to 3,499.077 points – its lowest level in the last nine trading sessions. This morning’s decline was mainly due to the 2.1 per cent drop in the share price of Bank of Valletta plc across 10 deals totalling almost 22,100 shares. Tomorrow, the bank i […]Edward Rizzo
- Royal bones 24/04/2014