Search this Blog
- SG Gaming expands multi-channel portfolio 10/12/201310 December 2013SG Gaming expands multi-channel portfolioGaming solutions provider Scientific Games’ SG Gaming UK division has expanded its multi-channel content portfolio with the launch of three new games.
- OLG releases first corporate social responsibility report 10/12/201310 December 2013OLG releases first corporate social responsibility reportThe Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) has released its first corporate social responsibility (CSR) report, which it said will serve as a ‘baseline measure’ of its efforts in various areas of social responsibility in the Canadian province of Ontario.
- Ladbrokes sets date for iPoker Network migration 10/12/201310 December 2013Ladbrokes sets date for iPoker Network migrationUK bookmaker Ladbrokes is set to complete its migration from technology solution provider Microgaming’s MPN network to mobile gaming company Playtech’s iPoker Network on December 21.
- SG Gaming expands multi-channel portfolio 10/12/2013
- This is me at Mandela’s memorial 10/12/2013Obama among world leaders attending Mandela ‘celebration’ as thousands gather in Soweto to commemorate South Africa’s first black president
- GM names first female chief executive 10/12/2013Mary Barra ends months of speculation and becomes the carmaking industry’s first woman chief after Dan Akerson announces he is retiring
- Regulators set to approve Volcker rule 10/12/2013The long-awaited Volcker rule restricting lucrative activities such as hedging is set to be approved, ushering in new limits on risky bank behaviour
- This is me at Mandela’s memorial 10/12/2013
- Top tech stories of 2013: Big Brother, wearables, and the struggles of aging tech giants 09/12/2013 IT News
- At CES, Sony will be all about 4K 09/12/2013Expect to hear a lot about 4K television from Sony at January's International CES show in Las Vegas.IT News
- Apple sued for patent infringement by DSS 28/11/2013Apple has been sued by patent company DSS Technology Management for infringing two patents relating to the use of wireless peripheral devices, parent company Document Security Systems said Wednesday.IT News
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- EU ministers inch towards 'Banking Union'EU finance ministers on Tuesday edged towards a difficult compromise on a Banking Union they hope will prevent a repeat of crippling crises and inject new impetus into the economy.eub2
- Euro coins a hit with Latvians ahead of eurozone entryLatvians queued up Tuesday to be among the first to get their hands on the euro coins that will replace the Baltic state's lats currency on January 1.eub2
- Economic crisis not over yet, IMF chief warns EuropeThe head of the International Monetary Fund warned Europe Tuesday that it was too early to declare victory over its crippling economic crisis and urged fresh efforts to enact much-needed reforms.eub2
- EU ministers inch towards 'Banking Union'
- Obama finds his voice with a magnificent tribute to Mandela 10/12/2013Too many leaders claim solidarity with Mandela's struggle, but don't tolerate dissent, says US president Column Annalisa Barbieri LAST UPDATED AT 15:54 ON Tue 10 Dec 2013 AS THE RAIN blurred the camera lenses in Soweto’s FNB football stadium, Cyril Ramaphosa, deputy president of the African National Congress, took to the podium to apologise for it. […]Gia Armstrong
- Mike Tyson: rape conviction stops him visiting UK 10/12/2013Former heavyweight boxer 'stuck' in Paris after book tour organisers realise he can't satisfy visa rules One-Minute Read LAST UPDATED AT 15:06 ON Tue 10 Dec 2013 See related: Mike Tyson used fake penis to pass drugs tests while on coke MIKE TYSON, the former world champion boxer and convicted rapist, has been barred from entering the UK, The […]oliverd
- Does Facebook need a 'sympathise' button? 10/12/2013If you are posting sad statuses, you are missing the point of Facebook - and friendship, say critics First Reaction LAST UPDATED AT 14:28 ON Tue 10 Dec 2013 A FACEBOOK 'sympathise' button would prompt an "outpouring of misery statuses", warned critics, after the social network suggested installing an alternative to the 'like' bu […]oliverd
- Obama finds his voice with a magnificent tribute to Mandela 10/12/2013
- Maltese women narrow gender pay gap 10/12/2013Malta has one of the lowest gender pay gaps in the EU, at just six per cent. The island managed to narrow the difference between the average salaries of men and women by 3.2 per cent between 2008 and 2011, making better progress than the EU as a whole, with just 1.1 per cent. The statistics, published by the European Commission yesterday, refer to hourly ear […]Ivan Camilleri
- Sacked pool worker wins €5,000 payout 10/12/2013A hotel pool attendant has been awarded €5,000 in compensation after he was dismissed simply for leaving work through a security door when the security guard was not around. Although this was against company policy, an industrial tribunal deemed his sacking was excessive. It ruled there had been no respect for the basic principle of proportionality between g […]Matthew Xuereb
- Bishop: catch false disabled 10/12/2013The Bishop of Gozo yesterday called for a crackdown on those who abuse the welfare system by falsely claiming to have some form of disability, as this was to the detriment of genuine cases. “Whoever is participating in this corrupt practice is exploiting those who mostly need support to look forward to the future with confidence,” Bishop Mario Grech said. He […]
- Maltese women narrow gender pay gap 10/12/2013
Category Archives: Career Advice
It’s likely that when you’re applying for a job role that you will be one of many potential candidates, so standing out from the crowd can be difficult and silly mistakes could be make or break. With such a changing … Continue reading
by Jeff Haden Many of the questions potential new hires ask are throwaways. But not these. Be honest. Raise your hand if you feel the part of the job interview where you ask the candidate, “Do you have any questions … Continue reading
Our Managing Director in Malta was interviewed by di-ve.com - one of Malta’s leading news & lifestyle sites – about the steps jobseekers should take in order to make themselves more employable. Mark outlined a number of hints and tips that will help … Continue reading
Over 1,000 from all the four corners of the globe have joined our Linked In group in order to benefit from the latest news about our job opportunities and other services we provide in order to add value to professionals … Continue reading
Malta’s leading news portal, di-ve.com, has recently interviewed our Managing Director in Malta about the risks and rewards of job mobility. In this interview, Mark J Galea spoke about the factors that one needs to take into consideration when planning … Continue reading
A great article from Business Insider. We are reproducing it here: A new batch of December graduates is getting ready to fly the coop in se arch for a job and we hope they’ve already heard the bad news: There … Continue reading
by Kelly Eggers According to a 2010 Accountemps survey, 28% of executives say the resume is where most job seekers make mistakes in the application process. But what exactly constitutes a mistake? We talked with career coaches and resume writers … Continue reading
by David Clemen Sample interview questions of the common type are listed below. Answers are included. But perhaps suggestions for tailoring your responses is a better way to put it, since specific answers are impossible to provide. Practice answering these … Continue reading
What does a supremely successful entrepreneur, film producer, animation innovator and theme park designer have in common with a professional working in the Civil Service facing an uncertain future? More than you might think. Despite the phenomenal success of the … Continue reading