Image by Simon Howden
We are pleased to announce that we have just launched a new Temp Desk in Malta.
If you’re looking for a job on the following basis:
- part time
- full time with reduced hours
- contract work for a definite period
Or if you know anyone who is, please send your CV to Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Malta
Tagged Announcements, Banking Jobs in Malta, Career Advice, Career Opportunities in IT, Clerical Jobs in Malta, Creative Jobs in Malta, Customer Support Jobs in Malta, Design Jobs in Malta, Finance Jobs, Finance Jobs in Malta, Financial Services Jobs, ICT Jobs in Malta, iGaming Jobs, iGaming Jobs in Malta, Jobs in Malta, Legal Jobs in Malta, Malta Jobs, Malta News, Malta Recruitment, Manufacturing Jobs in Malta, Marketing Jobs in Malta, News, Recruitment, Sales Jobs in Malta
Our client is an international bank with offices based in a number of countries including Malta.
They are looking to recruit for the following positions:
The selected candidates will benefit form a good package as well as internatinoal exposure opportunities.
This is what one of our clients has to say about us:
Our client, a leading trade finance bank established in Malta is looking to further strenghten their Transaction Management Control Department by recruiting an experienced Lending Clerk to join the team.
To supplement and compliment TMC staff in the day-to-day handling of middle office activities relating but not limited to all aspects of controlling, monitoring and liaison with the Front Office, Back Office, IT Office and Risk Management Department with respect to the portfolio.
For further information about this role, please click here.
Our client, a leading international bank established in Malta is looking for a Transaction Management & Control Clerk based in its Head Office in Malta.
To supplement and compliment the team in the day-to-day handling of activities related to all aspects of Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti Money Laundering (AML) and dealing with the Front Office, Compliance Department, Legal Department, Risk Management Department and IT Office with respect to profiles and accounts.
For more information about this role, please click here.
Our client, a leading Trade Finance Bank established in Malta is looking to further strenghten their IT team by recruiting a Banking Systems Supervisor.
The selected candidate will provide the following support: administrative, maintenance and general support to the Group’s core banking system using Flexcube by Oracle.
Please click here to learn more about this role.
Our client, a leading international bank established in Malta is looking for a Team Leader in Transaction Management & Control Non-Lending based in its Head Office in Malta.
• Provides leadership, direction and vision to the team
• Takes responsibility for all aspects of Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti Money Laundering (AML) and dealing with the Front Office, Legal & Compliance Department, Risk Management Department and IT Office with respect to profiles and accounts
• Assists in the creation of a databases which will enhance client and risk management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follows up and fine tunes processes
• Manages the staff within TMC Non Lending
• Prepares statutory and ad hoc reports
• Attends to customers’ general requests/inquiries
• Authorises messages on SWIFT
• Checks account opening documentation for new accounts together with the AML officer
• Vets account opening documents for existing accounts and follows up the missing/expired documents
• Takes care of fee uploads and other fee related matters
• Takes ownership of specific projects such as weeding dormant accounts and other ad hoc projects
• Authorises the opening of accounts and amendments on the system
• Reporting to the Legal and Compliance Department regarding inquiries from Law Courts and Correspondent banks
• Support Head of TMC in development of strategy, business planning and key hires
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Has a minimum of 5 years experience in Anti Money Laundering (AML), ideally as a certified AML officer
• Has at least 3 years experience in leading a team
• Possesses a formal qualification in finance or related discipline
• Has a full understanding of the legal requirements in connection with AML and account opening
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Willingness to serve local and international clients mainly on phone and by email
• Proven ability to learn and to adapt to a changing environment
• Self motivated and self driven
• Excellent team player
• Fluency in English is a must, and fluency in other languages would be considered an asset
• Proficiency in MS Office
If you think that you have the skills and knowledge required, please send your covering letter and CV in MS Word format to Manuela at email@example.com.
Our client is an international Banking and Financial services organisation with offices established locally.
Due to continued growth they are seeking to recruit Trust Managers to work in the local offices. The chosen applicants will form part of a team of professional Trustees with experience in the administration of Trust relationships for both Maltese and foreign settlors/beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Head of Trust Services, the incumbents will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and retain clientele
• Provide clients with wealth planning advice and solutions
• Work closely with both clients and their advisers in order to implement wealth management solutions with focus on succession, tax, cross-border matters and family governance
• Manage own case load of trust relationships by reviewing investment positions and tending to queries or requests for advice by settlor/beneficiaries
• Participate in strategic development and achieve revenue goals of the department
The right persons will;
• Be in possession of STEP or legal qualification or
• Possess a degree or equivalent in Accountancy or Financial Services.
Skills and Experience.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in the provision of trustee Services or similar fiduciary responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular presentation skills
• Experience and a well-developed understanding of the trust business both locally and internationally
• Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative within tight deadlines
• Ability to negotiate with very senior people both within and outside the bank
• Working knowledge of financial, insurance and investment markets
• Sales oriented with a deep knowledge of wealth planning, banking, investments and multi jurisdictional tax
Interested applicants should send their CV in Word format along with a detailed covering letter to Manuela at firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Due to further growth of our client, a Merchant Bank based in Malta, is seeking to urgently recruit experienced Bank Officers to join their Trade Finance Team.
Preference will be given to applicants with 2 to 3 years experience in Trade Finance instruments, including Import/Export Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections, Guarantees and document checking. Knowledge of French will be considered an asset.
The selected candidate needs to have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Issuing and advising of Import and Export Documentary Credits and Standby Letters of Credit
• Reviewing of applications for issuance of Documentary Credits
• Issuance of Back to Back Documentary Credits
• Checking of documents under Documentary Credits
• Processing of all events under Documentary Collections (Import & Export)
• Processing of all events under Guarantees
• Liaise with customers, buyers, beneficiaries, or other bank staff
• Understand legal responsibilities relating to Money Laundering
• Investigate and resolve queries and problems regarding documentation and payments
• Calculate and review commissions
• ICC Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP600)
• ICC Incoterms 2000 & 2010
• Good grasp of supporting documents that fit trading criteria
• Ability to work with all levels of the organisation
• Able to process complex trade finance instruments
• Excellent team player
• Open personality with energy and drive
• Ability to be flexible and work within set timeframes and deadlines
• Maintain accurate records
Interested applicants are to send a cover letter and CV in MS Word format addressed to Manuela at email@example.com
Our client is a leading private Maltese commercial bank that is currently seekeing to recruit Head of Asset Management.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the selected candidate will be responsible for the management & development ant the company’s Asset Management Division that comprises the Treasury Unit and the Wealth Management Unit. Furthermore, the Head ( Asset Management ) must ensure the effective and efficient management of the company’s liquidity, investment function and foreign currency position.
The selected candidate should have a proven track record in a senior managerial position and extensive experience in financial services. This post requires a leader with vision, initiative and excellent communication skills.
Interested applicants should send their CV in word format along with a detailed covering letter to Manuela@firstname.lastname@example.org.