Please click here to read the full article.
Search this Blog
- Spanish lottery group extends LFP partnership 24/07/201424 July 2014Spanish lottery group extends LFP partnershipSpanish state lottery group Sociedad Estatal Loterías y Apuestas del Estado (SELAE/LAE) has announced an extension to its partnership with the Spanish Football League (LFP).
- Betfair integrates Jumio’s Netverify solution 24/07/201424 July 2014Betfair integrates Jumio’s Netverify solutionOnline and mobile credentials management company Jumio has announced that online gambling company Betfair has adopted its Netverify customer verification and on-boarding solution.
- Online betting continues to carry French igaming in Q2 24/07/201424 July 2014Online betting continues to carry French igaming in Q2French online betting carried the rest of the country’s igaming sector during Q2 2014, with stakes and gross profits up 44% and 64% respectively.jakepollard
- Spanish lottery group extends LFP partnership 24/07/2014
- Peugeot and Fiat held talks on deal 24/07/2014Deal between the French and US-Italian carmakers would create the world’s fifth-largest group and help tackle both their spiralling investment needs
- EU to weigh extensive sanctions on Russia 24/07/2014Proposal includes ban on buying new debt or stock of Russia’s largest banks and from listing new shares on European exchanges
- Accounting standards change hits banks 24/07/2014The international accounting standard setter publishes a standard on financial instruments, a key part of which is a change in the impairment model
- Peugeot and Fiat held talks on deal 24/07/2014
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners 24/07/2014Lenovo showed off a smart glasses prototype on Thursday, part of a push to attract developers and other hardware manufacturers to a new partner program.IT News
- Ultra high-def TVs still too expensive 23/07/2014A new report from IHS shows that because of steep prices, UHD TVs are not making deep inroads in the television market.IT News
- Google tried to buy music giant Spotify 23/07/2014Google reportedly tried to buy popular music streaming service Spotify late last year, but the talks broke down and the deal didn't go through.IT News
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners 24/07/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Eurozone economy rebounds, but France lags: surveyThe eurozone economy showed signs of a rebound in July after several months of sluggish activity, but France stood out as a laggard, a closely watched survey showed on Thursday.eub2
- Lithuania orders pig cull amid first cases of African swine feverLithuania on Thursday destroyed thousands of pigs after confirming its first cases of deadly African swine fever, days after it was detected on farms in EU neighbours Latvia and Poland.eub2
- EU to hit Russian banks over Ukraine: reportsThe European Union may go even further than the United States in hitting Russian banks with sanctions over the Ukraine crisis, curbing their ability to raise funds, reports said on Thursday.eub2
- Eurozone economy rebounds, but France lags: survey
- Terrorism watchlist: secret US rules revealed 24/07/2014Credits: SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty ImagesAlt Text: The CIA seal Government agencies require neither 'concrete facts' nor 'irrefutable evidence' to add names to terror list One-Minute Read Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 3:42pm A secret US government rulebook, revealing details of how its internal terrorist watchlist is compiled, has been published in […]rgosch
- 'Fit to work' tests not fit for purpose, say MPs 24/07/2014Credits: JEFF PACHOUD/AFP/Getty ImagesAlt Text: A paraplegic woman get assistance Select committee describes 'fit to work' assessments as 'simplistic and inaccurate' and urges complete re-design Briefing Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:32pm A government select committee has found that the government's work assessments are "crude, si […]rgosch
- Ukraine news: what's happening on the ground after MH17 crash? 24/07/2014Credits: BULENT KILIC/AFP/Getty ImagesAlt Text: Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine Fighting continues, as analysts consider Putin's next move after the downing of Malaysia Airlines plane Briefing Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 1:59pm See related: Cyber war or gas ransom? How Russia could react to sanctions Fighting continues in the rebel-held territories of […]rgosch
- Terrorism watchlist: secret US rules revealed 24/07/2014
- 'Nice guy' charged with seriously injuring girlfriend 24/07/2014A “nice guy” with a severe alcohol problem has been remanded in custody after he pleaded not guilty to seriously injuring his girlfriend and slightly injuring her on at least two occasions. Renald Hayman, 32, of Senglea, was charged and sentenced over a similar incident involving another woman in November 2012. Lawyer Franco Debono, who represented the victi […]
- Share index breaks 5-day positive run 24/07/2014Following five consecutive sessions of gains, the MSE Share Index eased 0.2 per cent lower today to 3,367.494 points largely due to the declines in the share prices of Bank of Valletta plc and Lombard Bank Malta plc. BOV’s equity lost the momentum which it enjoyed during the beginning of this week with the share price shedding 0.9 per cent to €2.10 on increa […]Edward Rizzo
- Drug addict jailed for helping girlfriend steal ring 24/07/2014A drug addict who helped his girlfriend steal a ring in September 2010 was today sentenced to six years in jail. Kenneth Borg, 36, from Rabat, waited in his car while Miriam Caruana tried to give two jewellers the impression she was interested in buying a ring. Ms Caruana tried a ring and hid it in her pocket and when asked for it by the jeweller she insiste […]
- 'Nice guy' charged with seriously injuring girlfriend 24/07/2014